Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A Conversation with Father

So, this is a poem/dialogue that I wrote, because my heart was anguished by all the girls I've seen who think they can find real love in a guy, when it comes only from God.


A Conversation with Father


My Father is wonderful, sweet, loving,

I am grateful for His care.

But there are times, when,

His protection overwhelms me.


"My daughter?"

"Yes, Father?"

"Who was that man who was just with you?"

"a friend, Father."

My Father looks at me, concerned,

questioning.


"What does he want from you?"


Exasperating paranoia.

"Father, he's been so good to me!

He tells me how precious I am,

How beautiful,

How his love for me could not change,

How I deserve respect,

How I am worthy to die for..."


My Father's gaze has not left me this whole time.

His eyes seem to be glistening with - tears?

"Has he touched you, My daughter?"

...

How can I answer that?

I don't.


"My daughter, this man has disrespected you,

and even Me.

For even as I made you,

With all the care and tenderness in My heart,

He has dared to touch you,

Without coming to Me, your Creator, for permission.

Furthermore, he has dared to speak words to you,

That only I have made true."


The tears in His eyes have become tears in mine.

"Father, forgive me. He made me feel loved,

and I was deceived."


"My daughter, have you forgotten My Son?


The One who calls you precious?


Who made you pure and beautiful in My sight?


Whose love for you has never changed?


Who gave you respect?


Who proved your worth by dying for you?


With every lash of the whip that scraped blood across His back,

He thought of you.

With every pound of the nails into His hands and feet,

He thought of you.

As He hung there dying, anguished,

As you laughed in His face,

He cried out to Me,

'Father, forgive her. She doesn't know what she's doing.' "


Suddenly, I see Him, My Father's Son,

His hand held out to me, a hole made in it for me.

"This is My Son, who, owning the right,

Earned the right to

Hold you in His arms,

To be your Protector,

To love you,

If you will accept His offer."


"Thank you, Father."

4 comments:

  1. So applicable, a lesson I have learned the hard way. God is so good. It made me cry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I am fearfully and wonderfully made, marvelous are your works..."

    ReplyDelete
  3. That verse did cross my mind as I wrote this. I feel so special when I read that verse. :-)

    ReplyDelete