Monday, August 27, 2012

On the Front

This piece sounds depressing, but it actually has a really encouraging point to it, so just bear with me.

On the ground! On the ground! but not all listen to our commander. A lieutenant, a private, a corporal. down. I look around to realize that I am standing in a field of agony.  The fallen are wounded, but few will die. Instead, they gasp at every movement, and their screams claw at my ears with every breath they take. Some will not admit that they have been wounded. They grit their teeth and grab their guns and yell "I'M FINE!", daring you to say otherwise. only to stumble back to the ground in pain. For these bullets do not kill. They cannot kill. Our army is too strong for that. But they tear at our very souls, and leave scars that are not easily removed. The enemy's latest volley has succeeded, to some extent. There are very few left standing. Sir, permission requested to cease firing. My tears are blurring my vision, Sir. Permission denied. But I understand. I will stand. I must stand. It is even more imperative that I fight now. I must fight to protect the fallen until they can stand again. I must fight so that my Commander's honor will be upheld. I must fight for the fallen. I must fight for the honor of my Commander. I must fight for the future of my country. No bullet will take me down. My Commander will lead me into victory. The enemy is powerless against us. I am unstoppable.
                                                                I       will      stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment