Thursday, October 28, 2010

Motives and Self-Deceit, Part 2

No, this isn't another deep post, really. It's a poem I wrote somewhat based off those problems. It's not very good because I wrote it purely for venting reasons, (side note: I am not this depressed on a regular basis; I was like this over a week ago.)but here it is:
d
The Hour of Revelation
d
Where are the stormclouds that should be hanging above?
The stars have overcome them.
The branches who dance so brightly with the breeze
Are out of tune with the dirge playing in my head.
d
Why I should be so in conflict with myself
Is something I do not know.
Which part of me is right, and which part
Needs to be rearranged?
g
The moon invites my to keep my tryst with him,
But tonight he only reminds me of the flaws
Wedged in the cracks of my heart.
Tonight, he holds no joy, but sorrow.
f
I live one way, but am I really someone else?
I never knew who I really was, and now
I wish I didn't.
Oh, evening, why must you always lay my secrets bare before me?

2 comments: