Sunday, December 19, 2010

Profile of a true friend

Have you ever felt even slightly rejected by your friends? Lately, I've felt that way (though perhaps it is only my own fault for being so sensitive). I've felt like my topics of conversation aren't interesting enough, I'm not funny, and I'm just plain awkward. But I just realized that every time I've felt this way, instead of feeling lonely and unwanted, I should have been observing the friend who has not rejected me. I was astonished when it came to me that I was so self-centered to not even think about the one person who will always take an interest in me. He is a real friend. He always let me do more than my share of the talking. He still associates Himself with me when I act like a complete idiot. He still has nothing but kindness for me when I don't want to talk to Him or listen to Him. He doesn't want me to change, as dorky and nerdy and lame as I am. He warns me when I'm put in a dangerous situation, when most friends would not want to say anything for fear of offending me. He does His best to make me likeable (if I let Him) to other people, in spite of my own stupidity and ugly soul. He sees how wicked my heart really is, and does not condemn me for it, even when I am hypocritical. He helps me get out of bad situations that I put myself in. The list continues and you have probably been bored by my incessant talking, but that is just the kind of friend Jesus is. And if I noticed His friendship all the time, I would find that He is the only friend I need.

6 comments:

  1. Yes - so true that He is the only Great friend. I also try to notice my friends and think about their needs and wants, rather than on whether i am being funny or interesting. I usually am not! But if i seek to meet their needs and talk about what they want to talk about, then they will know i love them... and that is what matters in a friend.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. In answer to your first question: yes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmm...finding who you are in God. :) it makes it that what other people think does not really matter. just loving them. when you know God...you cannot help but love Him. and when you know and love Him..His love flows through you to other people. He builds the bridge that we cannot build by our good looks, whit, or even conversation talents. we love them because God does...and it does not matter if they love us back or not. yes it hurts...but God always love us and them. and He will open up a door if He wants to. heheh sorry for rambling a little. :P just thinking out loud...or..:/ on the computer :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's quite alright. I enjoy rambles very much, because usually (at least from my friends) they are insightful and help me to think rightly. :) Therefore, I appreciate your ramblings. (I also like it when people add thoughts to something rather than just me going on and on about something when there are other aspects that I'm not touching)

    ReplyDelete